PEJ is the best solution to ensure the young people’s success in the future.
Plan Epargne Jeunes is a special account destined to the young. A PEJ account can only be opened by a parent or a legal guardian on behalf of a minor. The account’s opening and closing are free.
This product is destined to individuals 0 to 23 years of age and to parents who wish to help their children concretize their future projects.
- The account may be opened with a minimum deposit of US$50 or 5,000 Gourdes
- Minimum balance to maintain on the account to calculate the interest is of US$50 or 5,000 Gourdes
- The account is managed by a parent and the child less of 18 years of age or a child of at least 18 years of age.
- The interest rate is 2 times higher than the interest rate of an ordinary savings account.
- The interest capitalization is done on a monthly basis
This product offers the following advantages:
- The return rate is higher compared to the yield on savings accounts available on the market
- The new account opened at the term of the PEJ will retain the seniority of the initial account
- No monthly management fees
- Access through Sogebel on line
- Upon opening the account, a contract of engagement specifying the conditions relative to the product will have to be signed by the youth and/or the parent of the client less than 18 years of age.
- Any withdrawal on the account requires the authorization of the parent or of the legal guardian.
Required documents to open an account
Birth certificates for individuals of less than 18 years of age
Either one (1) of the three (3) valid pieces of identification for the parent or the youth, choose among the following documents:
- Driver’s licence
- National identity card
Proof of address (Either one (1) of the documents as listed below)
- Invoice from EDH
- Invoice from DINEPA
- Any other invoice or document proving that you are residing at the indicated address.