The SOGEBEL savings account allows the client to make deposits on the account some of his revenue which, during a period of time, is not used for consumer expenditures. Account holders are eligible to a bankbook.
- The account may be opened with a minimum deposit of 1,000 Gourdes or in US$20.
- Interest rates : based on the market conditions
- Interest calculation: monthly, based on the lowest balance on the account.
- Minimum balance on which the account can earn interest: 1,000 Gourdes or USD20.00
- Interest are deposited on the account on a quarterly basis
- After notifying the client, the interest rate may be revised based on the rate on the monetary market
- Minimum balance pf US$500 or 50,000 gourdes is to be maintained in order to avoid paying monthly fees
This product offers the following advantages
- The product allows clients to put money aside in order to make certain expenses or reach long term objectives, accumulate funds to purchase a house or travel in the future.
- The client can also use the account as a financial cushion in case of unexpected events such as unemployement or illness.
- Access to SOGEBEL on line.
Either one (1) of the three (3) valid pieces of identification as listed below
- Driver’s licence
- National identity card
Proof of address (Either one (1) of the documents as listed below)
- Invoice from EDH
- Invoice from DINEPA
- Any other invoice or document proving that you are residing at the indicated address.